Listen, Read & Watch
Requires a library card
Paid for with Central Library funds
Downloadable eBooks, Audiobooks and Music
- OverDrive for Kids and Teens: This links you to the children’s and teen’s section of the Overdrive catalog. From here you can download ebooks and audiobooks to your device 24/7.
- OverDrive – A downloadable audiobook, eBook, and magazine service offered by the Westchester Library System.
- Freading – A downloadable eBook service offered by the Westchester Library System.
- hoopla – Access and enjoy nearly half a million titles, from six different formats: Movies, TV, Music Albums, eAudiobooks, eBooks, and Comics/Graphic novels. Note: When registering for a Hoopla account, enter Westchester Library System as your home library. If you receive a message about an invalid or expired library card when attempting to check a title out, please go into Settings, then Library Settings, re-enter your PIN and save your settings.
- Kanopy Streaming Video – Kanopy offers one of the most unique and compelling collections of film ranging from documentaries, indie and foreign films to must-see classics and blockbuster movies.
- Comics Plus: Library Edition – the new digital revolution bringing thousands of digital graphic novels and comics are only a click away! Note: Beginning December 21, you will be prompted to log in before browsing the collection. If you followed a link to get to Comics Plus, you will be redirected after logging in.
- Project Gutenberg – A collection of free eBooks.
- Google Books – Search and preview millions of books from libraries and publishers worldwide using Google Book Search. Discover a new favorite or unearth an old classic.
- Free Music Archive – The Free Music Archive provides free, high-quality, music in a wide range of genres. The content on Free Music Archive is used under various creative commons licenses. The New York State Music Fund provided initial funding for FMA. FMA seeks to maintain a high-quality resource through the use of selected curators who approve or deny all submissions to the collection.